The flyer that i received stated “Postgraduate Colloquium”, but personally it’s really just a lecture. Today i attended Assoc. Prof. Dr. Jeong-Bae Son lecture on Research Design in UKM. It’s been a while, coz I've been doing my research at AEI and at home these past months. Dr. Jeong-Bae Son is from Korea but currently attach with the University of Southern Queensland in Australia.
For me it’s a refresher course, to remind me of the nitty gritty details of research process and design all over again, i need to see the small picture now and again coz I've been staring the big picture for much too long for my own good, it’s time to refresh and get back to the 1st step.
I enjoyed thoroughly the lecture, it started in the morning with the subjects of “Planning, Conducting and Reporting research”. Dr. Jeong-Bae Son gave us some useful exercise in the morning session, especially on how to formulate “Research Question(s)”, how to collect, analyse and interpret data and finally on how to write a research report. He also shared online resources and software to help us in our research, which is very useful for both Qualitative and Quantitative researchers.
The afternoon sessions was more on “Writing Academic English”, he shared with us the common mistakes that NNES (Non-native English Speaker) made in the thesis writings. The Academic English is so much different from the other English English..do you understand me Johnny English?
I wrote an email to Dr. Jeong-Bae Son for the slides presentations, if and when i do get them, I'll post it here for some of you (the interested ones).
No comments:
Post a Comment