Saturday, November 17, 2012

Larian Kitar Semula@Putrajaya

tn

The plan was to do 21km LSD before this short 5km run this morning, but i was raining when i woke up at 4am.

Dang, there goes the LSD.

By 730 am, i was ready to run this maiden Larian Kitar Semula at Putrajaya. I wanted to run the 10km category, but it's only open to 18-39 y.o.

I was forced to enter the Veteran Category (40 y.o. and above), and it was only a 5km run. I guess they didn't think old folks like me could run more than 5km :/

The medals was limited to top 20 for each categories.

I completed this short in 5th place (27:17) thus secured the limited medal. Yay, this old goat still have some speed left in him :]

Maps and running splits

Larian Kitar Semula 5km maps

Larian Kitar Semula 5km splits

10 comments:

  1. Congratz Ultra Ray.. Diskriminasi umur sangat nih... Siapala yang jadi organizer running event macam nih... Sigh... kambing bukan sebarang kambing, kambing gurun tua nih... LOL... =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. LSD tu "Long Slow Distance", pelari maraton biasanya lari dgn pace perlahan dari pace masa race dgn jarak sekurangnya 20 batu/32km.

      Delete
  3. Congrats! Laju betul :). Bila I dah 'kena masuk' veteran category, barulah I sedar that it's actually tougher to compete in it, in terms of ranking. These 'old folks' are strong :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes jangan main-main Veteran Category sebenarnya lagi susah, ramai yg terer dan dah lama lari, graduated from open categori. Especially those auntie and uncle :)

      Delete