Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Salomon MR25 X-Country Marathon (Singapore)

1-P1030604
 
I was looking forward to this marathon as it was my first full Marathon distance on trail (42km). The inaugural Salomon MR25 X-Country Marathon was held on 26th June 2014 at McRitchie reservoir park (trail) in Singapore. It was the final race before Ramadan and I treat it as training race for that 100 mile race in August.
 
Team Salomon Malaysia were represented  by Puzi, Magie and yours truly. My right knee was still hurting and the best thing to do is to take it easy and enjoy the run.
 
 
 
The format of the race was four loops of 10.5km of MR trail, there were three water stations that serve Pocari Sweat and water in between. The cut off time was set at 7 hours, the race was kinda special to me coz here at MR where I cut my teeth learning how to run trail race. My last race was TNF100 SG back in 2012.
 
For this race I was experimenting with my race fuel by eating dates (kurma) exclusively and no gels. It was raining heavily when we started at 7 am.
 
1-P1030590-horz
 
 
The first two loops was fun, it was a flat trail with few speed bumps and non technical. I loose myself in those trail during the first two loop. Then at loop three I was starting to fade and slowing down tremendously. The final loop was better, I finish at position #24 with the time of 4:36 hours.
 
My Salomon team mates killed the course. Puzi won 2nd place Veteran category (3:52) and Magie won no. 1 position for Women Veteran (4:40)
 
10435415_10204220267937848_5699227925662116249_n-horz
 
 
Gear used for Marathon/Ultra #31:
Shoes – Salomon Sense 3 Ultra
S-Lab Exo Zip Tee
S-Lab Exo Twinskin Short
Garmin Forerunner 910XT
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment